Welder Helper - Metal Cutter
|Location:||New Braunfels, TX|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Metal Cutter will assist the welding team by preparing metal materials, aluminum extrusions, and sheet metal while using various power tools, saws, and measuring devices to ensure precise accurate cuts to very strict tolerance levels.|
• Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
• Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
• Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
• Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
• Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
• Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpieces, using hand tools and measuring devices.
• Grind out burrs or sharp edges, using portable grinders, speed lathes, or polishing jacks.
• Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
• Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
• Follows policies consistently
• Participates in safety meeting and advise supervisor of any safety concerns
• Participates in work-related meetings
• Represents company in a professional and customer oriented manner
• Cross-trains in other areas of the business as needed
• Capable of producing precision cuts in a clean and neat manner
• Must be proficient and accurate in reading measuring tapes and rulers
• Mechanically oriented and capable to interact with production floor personnel
• Willing to be trained in new skills
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English proficiently
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.