Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
|Location:||New Braunfels, TX|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
• Patch holes, sew tears and ripped seams, or darn defects in items, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
• Trim edges of cut or torn fabric, using scissors or knives, and stitch trimmed edges together.
• Spread out articles or materials and examine them for holes, tears, worn areas, and other defects.
• Measures and hems curtains, garments, and canvas coverings to size, using tape measures.
• Operate sewing machines to re-stitch defective seams, sew up holes, or replace components of fabric articles.
• Follows policies consistently
• Participates in safety meetings and advises supervisor of any safety concerns
• Participates in work-related meetings
• Represents company in a professional and customer oriented manner
• Cross-trains in other areas of the business, as needed
• Produces clean and neat finishes
• Experience with canvas, vinyl, and other types of materials
• Mechanically oriented and capable to interact with production floor personnel
• Willing to be trained in new skills
• Must be able to read, write, and understand English proficiently
Key Performance Indicators:
• Consistent accuracy and meeting of goals
• Punctuality, reliability, and can-do attitude
• Accepts diverse production assignments with positive attitude and performs as expected
• Positive communication skills and work ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vantem Modular is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.